The following are the most important steps to buying something online:
- Find sites selling what you want. Consider particularly sites in the UK, Germany, France and Spain, as well as in Ireland.
- Find the best price, combined with the best shipping costs.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully. In particular, check the returns policy, who pays for postage and support for manufacturer warranties.
- Decide if this is really any better than buying locally.
- Add the item you want to your shopping list or basket.
- Proceed to the checkout.
- Fill in your name and address and shipping destination.
- Pay by credit card.
- Receive goods.