If you are someone who
- would like to work for yourself
- thinks you have what it takes to become an entrepreneur
- would like to know what is involved in starting a business
- has recently set up a business and needs more help
In this beginner‘s guide to how the Internet can help you achieve your goal of working for yourself/starting your own business, we direct you to suggested websites that provide the information and advice you are likely to need.
Working for yourself is a big step to take and running your own business successfully requires energy, commitment, long hours and hard work. Nevertheless, if you have the right skills and temperament you can gain huge satisfaction from starting and growing your own business.
Getting the right information at the right time is recognised as one of the vital ingredients needed to set up and run a successful business. There are many sources of information and advice to support you and much of this is freely available on the Internet. In this beginners guide we aim to direct you to the appropriate websites likely to help answer the many questions you may have. Questions such as:
- Do I have what it takes to run my own business?
- What is a Business Plan, why do I need one and how do I write one?
- How much money will I need and where can I get it?
- Are there any organisations that can help?
- How do I register my business?
Disclaimer: The material available in this guide is designed to provide general information only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, it does not constitute legal or other professional advice.
Please note: The Library Council/Dublin City Public Libraries cannot be held responsible for the contents of any pages referenced by an external link.