Many of the links listed below have the facility to book flights, accommodation, car hire and insurance all on the one site. The large number of links is only an indication – there are endless thousands of travel and accommodation sites on the Internet.
Travelling by air/package holiday
- www.aerlingus.com: sells a wide range of flights from Dublin,
Cork and Shannon.
- www.ryanair.ie: the major discount airline. Sells a small range of flightsfrom Ireland, but serves a wider network via Stansted.
- www.ebookers.ie: flights, accommodation and packages. Usually worth a look.
- www.gohop.ie: good for last minute package deals.
- ww.britishairways.com: good range of European and Worldwide flights, mainly via Heathrow.
- www.usit.ie: student based site but also has some fares open to all.
- www.irishferries.ie: car ferries to the UK and Europe.
- www.stenaline.ie: car ferries to the UK.
- www.eurolines.ie: combines coach and ferry trips.
- www.cheapferry.ie: intermediary offering ferry tickets to the UK and Europe
on several different ferry lines. Worth comparing with booking direct.
- www.aranislandsfastferries.com: serving the Aran Islands.
- www.norsemerchant.com: Dublin to Liverpool.
- www.dan-dooley.ie: a car hire company.
- www.europcar.ie: another car hire company.
- www.budget.ie: another car hire company.The following sites allow you to book cars for countries you may be
- www.aaireland.ie: insurance, route planner, breakdown services.
- www.rac.ie: European travel, hotel finder, route planner.
- www.buseireann.ie: included regional services well as national routes.
- www.irishrail.ie: rail travel in Ireland.
- www.dublinbus.ie: for local bus timetables.
- www.luas.ie: the new Dublin tram system.
- www.rail.co.uk: UK rail services – included timetables.
- www.eurostar.com: Channel Tunnel services.