This website is produced by the Irish business and legal publisher Oak Tree Press and aims to provide information, advice and resources for anyone starting or running their own business. The first page looks like this:
As you can see the screen is divided into three panels:
- The centre panel gives items of interest to entrepreneurs, for example information on a series of Start Your Own Business courses
- The panel on the right of the screen gives links to other Oak Tree Press websites such as the online bookshop The Success Store
- The panel on the left of the screen headed ‘Planning Your Start-up’ has a series of buttons that lead to detailed information on the stages of starting a business.
For example, from the alphabetical list in the directory:
- Click on the term ‘Incubator‘ and you will get a list of organisations that provide incubation or start-up space and support facilities for new businesses;
- Click on the term ‘Marketing’ for a list of organisations committed to helping small businesses succeed at marketing.
- Return to the first page by clicking on the ‘Home’ button to the left of the screen
- Scroll down the webpage until you see the word ‘Downloads’, then
- Click on the link and follow the instructions to download a copy of Starting Your Own Business: A Workbook* free of charge (pdf format)
(*Commissioned in 1997 by the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, written by Ron Immink and Brian O’Kane and published by Oak Tree Press.)