This guide is designed for the first time buyer and tells you how to use the Internet to help you take the steps involved in becoming a home-owner.
- Get basic information on house buying in Ireland.
- Find the right mortgage to suit your budget.
- Find the right property in the right location for you.
- Get the legal advice you need.
You will need to contact banks and other lending institutions and find out how much you can borrow and how to get the best rate.
You will need to contact estate agents and see what properties are available in your price range and preferred location.
You will need to find a solicitor to handle the legal details.
For information on buying a house using the Affordable Housing Scheme see the online version of this guide, on www.lifesteps.ie
Can using the Internet be helpful in making the best decisions around this important life step?
Yes, definitely. The Internet is a very useful way of bringing a vast amount of information and advice and a huge selection of properties directly to you, so saving you valuable time and perhaps even money. Almost all organisations and businesses now have a website which gives details of their products and services and through which you can contact them. There are, of course, some things that are better done in person and it would be foolish to buy any property that you had not personally inspected, but there are a growing number of websites that could be very useful to you in your journey to home ownership.
You can use this guide in two ways:
- If you are familiar with using the Internet, you should find all you need to know in the Quick Guide;
- If you are new to using the Internet, follow the Step-by-Step Guide designed to help you navigate the web like an expert!